[MPlayer-users] SIGBUS due to alignment issue in SSE2 optimised code

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jun 30 23:11:29 EEST 2019

On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 09:43:47PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 03:26:20PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on FreeBSD mplayer crashes reproducibly under these circumstances:
> > - 1080p content
> > - PGS subtitle
> > - SSE2 available; mplayer compiled with HAVE_SSE2
> >
> > SIGBUS occurs in sub/osd_template.c:152 because _mm_load_si128 receives
> > srca which is not aligned on 16 bytes.
> >
> > Changing all _mm_load_si128 to _mm_loadu_si128 in this file works
> > around the problem, but the better fix might be to ensure srca
> > is 16 byte aligned, correct?
>
> Yeah, I probably missed that code path.
> Can you check if this patch fixes the crash?

Also more comprehensive patch on the mplayer-dev-eng list.
That also fixes that sometimes there is a white bar on the
right side of the subtitle due to uninitialized image data.
I have to admit I don't notice these issues because I usually
use a more advanced vo like gl or vdpau which do not use
these functions...