[MPlayer-users] Can't play m4a

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 21:21:30 EEST 2019

Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> writes:

> Rodolfo Medina (12019-08-24):
>> On PC1 (where it doesn't play):
>
>> On PC2 (older system, where it plays):
>
> Thanks, this is now:
>
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8092
>
> If you can, please add details there, such as testing with FFmpeg Git
> head or providing part of the file to experiment with the problem.
>
> Regards,

Thnak you...  Unfortunately I can't upload it, because it contains some stuff
we wouldn't like to share outside...  Music rehearsing with mistakes and so
on...  In order to extract a small piece from the file to upload, on the older
machine - the one that plays the file - I then did:

 $ ffmpeg -i fantasia_a_due-prova_13_agosto.m4a -c copy -t 45 output.m4a

and the output.m4a can be played also on the newer machine...  Interesting,
maybe...  This could be a solution for me also...  The whole file, reencoded
the above way, is almost the same size (88M) as the original (89M)...  What do
you think/suggest...?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Rodolfo