[MPlayer-users] MPEG-2 Transport Stream BDAV Blu-ray format slices is not allowed decode_slice_header error

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Apr 21 10:21:43 EEST 2019

On 15.04.2019, at 06:04, "Bill Crockett" <wsc4 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: <sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com>
> Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 12:18 PM
>
>> On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 11:09:56AM +1000, Bill Crockett wrote:
>
>>> I will have a go at re-muxing some via FFmpeg and see if it fixes all this.
>>
>> Wise.
>>
>> Sylvain
>
> Unfortunately, no luck.  My videos have LPCM audio and I do not want change that.  I tried many attempts to re-mux with FFmpeg and it would not allow it.  I just read on the FFmpeg mailing list that muxing PCM in mpegts in impossible, this is not a limitation of FFmpeg.  Muxing PCM-bluray (and bluray subtitles) in mpegts is also impossible with FFmpeg.

Hm, I think you might have asked the wrong questions.
The first thing would be to check if ffplay shows the same errors.
If not, it's a MPlayer issue.
If yes, then the fact that these files exist should be enough reason to ask for better support (even though there'll always be people saying against it, but I do hope FFmpeg policy is still to be able to play anything).
As to remuxing, the whole point would be to NOT remux to mpeg-ts, but some less crappy format (honestly, those mpeg stream formats might have been reasonable 30 years ago, but nowadays they are just one huge design mistake). MKV tends to be a fairly solid choice.

Best regards,
Reimar Döffinger