[MPlayer-users] MPEG-2 Transport Stream BDAV Blu-ray format slices is not allowed decode_slice_header error

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 14 04:09:56 EEST 2019

----- Original Message -----
From: <sylvain.bertrand at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 3:36 AM

> On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 01:57:58PM +0200, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> Does it work with -demuxer lavf?
>
> Hi,
>
> Had many issues related to the native mpeg TS demuxer when twitch(amazon)
> decided to add in-stream ads. I had to use the ffmpeg mpeg TS demuxer.
> Since
> they did stop to do so, I cannot get "real" mplayer breaking mpeg TS
> streams
> anymore.
>
> --
> Sylvain

> Does it work with -demuxer lavf?

Yes, that fixed the pixilation and blotches.  However, I now get these
errors:

Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders

[pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]Multiple frames in a packet.  <=== Note this error

AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 1536.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 192000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [fflpcm] afm: ffmpeg (Blu-ray LPCM)
AO: [dsound] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
[pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
[pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
[pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small
[pcm_bluray @ 01c6e5c0]PCM packet too small

< snip> These go on forever.

These video files are not from the internet or off a Blu-ray disc.  They are
my own personal videos.

I must point out that they have been muxed via the CLI "tsMuxeR" which is a
Transport Stream muxer.  It has not been updated since the beginning of
2014.  I also tested some of these video that had been muxed via tsMuxeR to
AC3 audio.  It played OK but with different errors like:

[NULL @ 01c6e5c0]time_scale/num_units_in_tick invalid or unsupported (0/0)
[NULL @ 01c6e5c0]time_scale/num_units_in_tick invalid or unsupported (0/0)

I will have a go at re-muxing some via FFmpeg and see if it fixes all this.