[MPlayer-users] mplayer doesn't update size of growing file

arthurpeabody arthurpeabody at rickstewart.com
Fri Sep 14 16:29:52 EEST 2018

Quoth Ms Miriam English:

       'Have you tried playing direct from mplayer instead of via streamripper?'
        Yes.  That's worse.  If I come to a portion of the stream to which I don't want to listen, pause it, then try to jump ahead, mplayer quits.  When I re-start I get the promotional message most streams prepend and I miss the content that happened after the portion to which I didn't want to listen until the re-start completes.

Quoth Ms Miriam English:
     ' I haven't tried this, but mplayer can play from an rtsp streaming input.'
     Who uses rtsp anymore?  No provider to whose content I listen.  The reason for rtsp has passed.