[MPlayer-users] mplayer doesn't update the size of a growing file

arthurpeabody arthurpeabody at rickstewart.com
Mon Sep 3 02:37:26 EEST 2018

When I listen to a stream I capture it with streamripper and listen to the captured file with mplayer.  mplayer never updates the size of the file.  When I change the position, if it's past the size of the file when I started mplayer, mplayer quits.  This isn't a terrible problem, I just have to restart, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to.  less has a -f switch that causes it to refresh the size of the target file continuously.