[MPlayer-users] Karaoke (cdg) support broken?

stan gyvoy at q.com
Wed Feb 28 02:37:42 EET 2018

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 14:48:20 -0800
Alec Bennett <wrybread at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting. Since you mention not knowing what the song should sound
> like, here it is on YouTube:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8buJ2-oD02E
>
> On your system does it sound the same?

Yes, the song sounds the same, but there are only occasional lyrics.  I
think they must be the backup lyrics, when a phrase is repeated in the
backup.  I think the lyrics printed on the screen are also out of phase
with the way they play with the video on youtube (too slow), but I could
be wrong.

You should be able to play the mp3 as
mplayer -novideo -sound test.mp3
or even just
mplayer test.mp3
depending on your configuration settings.
There is no difference if I play just the mp3 or play it with the cdg
file.