[MPlayer-users] DLNA support?

John Long codeblue at inbox.lv
Sun Feb 4 11:58:28 EET 2018

On Sun, 2018-02-04 at 10:52 +0100, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2018, John Long wrote:
>
> > Thanks, I installed it. It's a little quirky but works ok. Good
> > suggestion, thank you.
> >
> > Can I navigate from mplayer command line? Or do I have to know the
> > exact /path/to/file
>
>    I don't know what you mean by "navigate from the command line"
>
>    May-be, you could look at "man mplayer"?

Yes, it's a good idea. So I did it many times before asking here ;)

>    You have 2 solutions:
>
>      1/ navigate, with the "cd" command, to the folder containing the
> file,
>         and then "mplayer file"
>
>      2/ "mplayer /path/to/file"

None of these choices are very good. I have a half terabyte of music
and everything is arranged with proper directory names. Without some
way to navigate the directory tree it is not reasonable. Like midnight
commander front-end to mplayer, etc.

Anyway thanks for your suggestion about djmount. It's a good start.

/jl