[MPlayer-users] mplayer will not play iso files

James Blanford jhblanford at gmail.com
Wed May 31 15:53:32 EEST 2017

On Tue, 30 May 2017 09:07:07 -0600
James Blanford <jhblanford at gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the latest svn
> version and found it compiled and ran fine, except it wouldn't play
> isos. It would show the first frame and a fragment of audio and
> subsequent frames would be discarded with the message "Got unexpected
> packet size after a partial decode." Seeking would give me a new
> frame and rarely it would "catch" and play a few seconds. The message
> comes from ffmpeg's decode.c.

It is an audio issue. ffac3 or one of the Debian libraries seems to be
broken with the latest svn. Oddly, I found that while liba52 is listed
as a disabled optional codec by configure and I do not have the liba52
development files installed, nevertheless it is compiled and available.
-ac a52 allows me to play isos.

--
JBo, the widely declaimed writer from the hinterlands of New Mexico.