[MPlayer-users] MPlayer not playing HTTP video stream for one specific content from the same source

Joel Ng blood_elves88 at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Jun 27 09:42:51 EEST 2017

On 26/06/2017 12:37 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:43:07AM +0800, Joel Ng wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am currently using MPlayer to play a video stream from a HTTP source. This
>> HTTP source is created on my own. It is a video capture stream from a video
>> game. I basically capture the video, encode it into a video, then stream it
>> out as HTTP via FFmpeg.
>>
>> MPlayer works for most of the games I have tried, but in one specific
>> situation*, MPlayer is not able to display anything. It manages to connect,
>> but then it gets stuck here indefinitely:
>>
>> "libavformat version 57.72.101 (internal)
>> Stream not seekable!
>> H264-ES file format detected"
>
> I guess the format is not actually H264-ES but only contains it.
> It would help to know what the format of the stream really is,
> probably its detection should be prioritized over H264-ES.
> -dumpstream should also work for getting us a sample of the problematic
> stream so we can check what goes on and possibly improve
> the H264-ES autodetection.
> It might not be reproducible by playing the dumped file directly,
> but it should be when piping the problematic file via a fifo
> or stdin.

Hi,

I am not actually sure if the format is ES, but it is definitely H264. I
am using Nvidia Codec SDK to do the encoding. FFmpeg streams it via "...
-vcodec copy ... -f h264 http://ip:port".

Here is a dropbox link to the dumped file from -dumpstream:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fvukbvwrkpbk9u/stream.dump?dl=0

Playing the dumped file directly has no issue. Piping the dumped file
via stdin also has no issue.