[MPlayer-users] Including JPG in a playlist

Dave mplayer01 at dgmm.net
Mon Feb 20 17:06:42 EET 2017

On Sunday 19 February 2017 08:57:01 David Hepburn wrote:
> After a bit of expertise on this one...
>
> On Windows PC's, I want to create a playlist that has a combination of videos and JPG files.
>

> I found I could run videos through a playlist with this command:-
>
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mplayer\mplayer.exe" -noborder -xineramascreen -2 -fs -ao win32 -priority realtime -lavdopts threads=8 -really-quiet -geometry 0:0 -x 1920 -y 1080 -noborder -playlist 1.txt
>
> Contents of the playlist file is:-
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Mplayer\media\Video1.mp4
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Mplayer\media\Video2.mp4
>
> I also found I could run a JPG for 10 secs by running this line command:-
>
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mplayer\mplayer.exe" "mf://test.jpg" -mf fps=1 -loop 425 -noborder -geometry 0:0 -x 1920 -y 1080
>
> Now I need to know how I can play both in a playlist. Any ideas?

My first instinct would be to use a script/batch file to read the
playlist and use the relevant command line based on what is read
from the playlist textfile.  It should be pretty simple if the number
of expected file extensions is small and you know in advance or you
could simply prepend each line with V or P for video or picture.

This might be the better option anyway as you could also add in
a field for the display time for the images.