[MPlayer-users] damaged audio track

stan RegBur_Flydan8 at q.com
Thu May 5 22:57:27 CEST 2016

On Thu, 05 May 2016 21:07:36 +0200
Thomas Keller <thomas.keller8001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a video recording of a talk, and the audio track is "damaged".
> By that I mean it is hissing sometimes, as if the microphone was too
> close to the speaker, or as if the frequencies were too high. I am
> not sure what the correct technical description is.
>
> The video can be seen on Youtube:
> https://youtu.be/YpSeOU1VVj4?t=77
>
> Is there any way in mplayer to fix this audio problem when playing ?

When I sample that talk on youtube, I only hear occasional clipping.
Mostly, the audio is very good.

I don't know about doing it in mplayer, but you could strip the audio
with ffmpeg (or mplayer -dumpaudio), use audacity to lower the volume
(amplify adjust or normalize, maybe some compression to make it more
uniform), and then recombine the video and audio with ffmpeg.