[MPlayer-users] use mplayer with slow rtmp stream

john smith wempwer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:47:01 CET 2016

On 3/6/16, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> You can increase probesize to infinity and it won't change anything.
> The audio cannot be played (is there audio? I actually assumed
> there is none).
> The point of setting the low probesize is exactly to make
> it not even try and instead start playing.

No, there is no sound. The problem is that mplayer window is not shown
although it seems that playback is started. Using another stream such
as this one makes mplayer window show up:

rtmpdump -v -r rtmp://aljazeeraflashlivefs.fplive.net/aljazeeraflashlive-live/aljazeera_eng_med
--
<wempwer at gmail.com>