[MPlayer-users] play audio in window (gui)

Amallric Van Duyke amallric at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:00:41 CEST 2016

Just configure Gpodder so that it opens a terminal window with mplayer in
it, is that a problem?

If you absolutely need to open a video window for playing a file that has
no video, your best bet is probably to actually play some generic video
file (or even a static picture) and append your audio file as an external
audio track, but I don't think you'll be able to do that in Gpodder unless
you write a script.

> On 2016-06-13 10:54, Amallric Van Duyke wrote:
> > Just open several terminals and play your audio files from them. You do
> > need an extra package if you want to use a command-line media player
> > (mplayer) as if it was a GUI media player.
>
> the problem I am having is, when I set mplayer as the default audio
> player in Gpodder, it plays the audio "in background" (ie as a daemon).
> There is no window, and I cannot control the audio playing.
>
> Mplayer has so many configuration parameters. Are you sure there si no
> option to tell it to treat audio as if it was video (and open window for
> it) ?

"Et moi je mange une pomme et regarde par la fenĂȘtre. "