[MPlayer-users] Preserving Tempo when Reading a Play List

martin McCormick martin.m at suddenlink.net
Thu Sep 24 20:23:45 CEST 2015

	I sometimes like to listen to audio files fast, using the
following command:

#Generate the play list.
filename=`ls *.ub`
mplayer -quiet -rawaudio samplesize=1:channels=1:rate=7999 -demuxer rawaudio \
-af scaletempo=stride=40 -speed 1 -quiet -nolirc \
$filename

This does, in fact work perfectly and I can speed up or slow down
the rate of speech like it is supposed to do.

	What does happen, however, is that as soon as we leave
the first file in the list and start the next one, the tempo goes
back to 1 which is okay but it would be nice if mplayer would
remember that setting such as 2.00 from one file to the next so
the whole list plays at whatever tempo one chooses.

	As far as severity, this is a minor issue in that if you
do not do anything, the file you are playing fast will just end
and the next one starts at normal tempo.

	If there is any way to better code this command to make
it remember the setting, I would appreciate knowing what to do.

Thank you.

Martin McCormick