[MPlayer-users] help with channel manipulation

Jaume Ferrete jaume.ferrete at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 22:16:16 CEST 2015

After writing this email I came up with a solution that I do not truly
understand...

to play file only on left channel I can do:

mplayer file.wav -af channels=2:2:0:0:0:0

...and only on right channel:

mplayer testone.wav -af channels=2:2:0:1:0:1

It is as if the output canNOT be 1 channel? And why two movements
necessarily?

Thanks for helping me understand.