[MPlayer-users] "Audio device got stuck!" during playback of mono PCM

Chris Lonsberry chris.lonsberry at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:31:13 CEST 2015

This is on a fresh install of Korora 22 with XFCE desktop.

When playing wav files I'm getting skipping during playback. I went to
the terminal to check it out and got the following output:

$ mplayer zoeng1.wav
MPlayer SVN-r37391-5.1.1 (C) 2000-2015 MPlayer Team
do_connect: could not connect to socket
connect: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing zoeng1.wav.
libavformat version 56.25.101 (external)
Audio only file format detected.
Load subtitles in ./
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 8000 Hz, 1 ch, u8, 64.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 8000->8000)
Selected audio codec: [pcm] afm: pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
AO: [pulse] 8000Hz 1ch u8 (1 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...