[MPlayer-users] Request: name change of command line switch

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Wed Jun 24 19:41:04 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 12:48:59PM +0100, Thoralf Dassler wrote:
> Thanks for the tips, will look into writing a script (got too many aliases
> already :) )

Some distro's will check if ~/.alias is present and if it is, it will read
it. You can then easily group them by using # as a comment. Here a sample
of my ~/.alias:

# Standard stuff
alias dir='ls -l'
alias ll='ls -l'
alias la='ls -la'
alias l='ls -alF'
alias ls-l='ls -l'

# sudoers stuff
alias smount="sudo mount -o loop"
alias umount="sudo umount"
alias mount="sudo mount"
alias tail="sudo tail"
alias zyp="sudo zypper -n in"
alias nethogs="sudo /usr/sbin/nethogs"
alias fuser="sudo /bin/fuser"

<snip many more lines>

That way it keeps it all nicely together. I believe it is a leftover from
my openSUSE days. I have the following line in ~/.bashrc

if [ -f ~/.alias ]; then
    . ~/.alias
    fi

Kind regards,