[MPlayer-users] Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so

Emanuel Berg embe8573 at student.uu.se
Sat Jul 18 21:41:43 CEST 2015

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> writes:

> If you just don't want the error message, simply do
> not use -vo vdpau. (Or depending on what the default
> is, explicitly select a different default like -vo
> gl)

I don't what the error message but I also don't want
the error that causes it.

I have not been using '-vo vdpau' or any other
specification of the video driver or video settings.
It is just a normal invocation:

    mplayer -nojoystick -nolirc -loop 0 -fs $@ > /dev/null

(The -no... stuff is just to mute the corresponding
error messages.)

I tried with '-vo gl' and mplayer still crashes when
I switch from X and back. Also, I get this error:

    [AO_ALSA] pcm resume error: File descriptor in bad state

All this is much worse than the previous state because
now it actually doesn't work.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573