[MPlayer-users] Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so

Emanuel Berg embe8573 at student.uu.se
Sat Jul 18 10:02:05 CEST 2015

Peter White <peter.white at posteo.net> writes:

>>> pt-get install nvidia-vdpau-driver
>> That didn't work. $ lspci | grep -i vga 00:02.0 VGA
>> compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT
>> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b)
>>

> apt-get install libvdpau-va-gl1 i965-va-driver

I already had those, but I reinstalled just to be
sure, but it still thinks I have nvidia:

Here is the entire stderr output:

Failed to read /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf.local: No such file or directory
Warning unknown option include at line 177
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.
open: No such file or directory
[MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
open: No such file or directory
[MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
[VO_TDFXFB] This driver only supports the 3Dfx Banshee, Voodoo3 and Voodoo 5.
s3fb: Couldn't map S3 registers: Operation not permitted
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573