[MPlayer-users] IR receiver for mplayer users

Tarmo irvoodoo at irvoodoo.com
Thu Jan 15 19:25:00 CET 2015

Hi

A few years ago I set out to tackle the problem many multimedia system
builders face - how to remote control it? Existing solutions weren't
gonna do - they were either too complicated for the average user or
required drivers or special software, hardly a perfect solution when
running Linux media systems with many distros and hardware platforms to
choose from.

After a lot of hard work, I'm ready to present - IRvoodoo. IRvoodoo is a
small  IR receiver, which connects to the USB port of a media system.
The way it works is simple - it emulates a USB keyboard, mouse or media
keys, meaning IRvoodoo can remote control any system that supports USB
keyboard or mouse!

Using a software called VoodooTool , you choose the input (single key
press, key combination, media keys, mouse movement etc.) and a button on
ANY remote control to which the input corresponds. All configuration is
stored on the onboard chip and IRvoodoo doesn't require any kind of
drivers or software during working, just plug and play!

In addition, IRvoodoo can blast IR signals with an IR blaster cable,
meaning it is possible to control external set-top boxes (STB) from the
computer (mythtv, vdr), or home theater with the same remote, for example.

I believe it's important to be able to have a look at the source code of
a program, should one feel the need, so VoodooTool is completely
open-source! We don't restrict our users - you are free to make
modifications to the software.

Our website: www.irvoodoo.com
Like us on Facebook! All news will be posted to Facebook only.