[MPlayer-users] Feature request: Drop-frame time code support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Jan 2 22:26:31 CET 2015

On 02.01.2015, at 11:15, Radbert Grimmig <r.grimmig at email.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm increasingly getting high-compression video files that mplayer does not play correctly. The video is much too fast, or in any case the correct framerate is not detected. (The audio tracks of these files usually play OK.)
>
> I was told on slashCAM this is because the player doesn't support drop frame time code.
>
> Is there a fix for this by any chance?

That explanation doesn't make any sense to me.
I'd suggest to make sure to use the latest SVN version and/or try with -demuxer lavf.
A sample for us to test might make sense, too.
There are some crazy mkv features we don't support that might kind of cause this behaviour but they are used only in specific cases so I don't think that would be the cause.