[MPlayer-users] VDPAU missing out on AMD

Peter White peter.white at posteo.net
Sun Dec 13 04:40:06 CET 2015

On 12/13/15 03:32, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

>> your problem seems to be -vf scale,lavc. Have you tried without it?
>
> Peter, thank you for explaining that putting in '-vf' is incompatible
> with vdpau.  Is that documented anywhere ?

You're welcome. I don't think it is documented but I am not up to date.

> I took the '-vf' out, and (after taking out the "threads=6") got to play
> my very first accelerated video:   http://pastebin.com/8ugyQaXK

Great, but having to disable multithreading is odd. That was
unnecessary for me, at least with my SVN r37422 build. Now that you
mentioned it I did compile the latest r37563 and multithreading results
in a lot of errors for me as well:

Too many buffered pts
Unexpected decoder output format Planar YV12

I'd say there is a bug to be found somewhere between those two
revisions.

> The reason I had '-vf' in the examples I showed was because every time
> that MPlayer gave me the "incompatible" error message, it also told me:
>
> | Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
> | e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
>
> What was I supposed to do?

Fair point.

Peter