[MPlayer-users] VDPAU missing out on AMD

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at mikusj.com
Sat Dec 12 08:04:47 CET 2015

> Please provide vdpauinfo and mplayer -v your-options example-video output.

See http://pastebin.com/w1scqC2P

The command line which gets an error is
>     export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=vdpau
>     export VDPAU_DRIVER=radeonsi
>     $vpgm -vf scale,lavc  -vc ffh264vdpau,ffhevcvdpau,ffvc1vdpau, -ao alsa -lavdopts threads=6 -framedrop  $1 $2 $3 $4 $5

The command line does not get an error with '-vc ffwmv3vdpau,' instead.

mikus

Are you on a kernel 3.xx ?
I tried my command line on a friend's system (with nvidia graphics, and
I think Ubuntu).  His system also gave the "incompatible codec" error.