[MPlayer-users] Acceleration works in xbmc, not in mplayer

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 16:35:30 CEST 2014

>>> You obviously need to install libvdpau_va_gl in order to use it.
>>> The libva-vdpau-driver is the other way round, you can remove that one.
>>

>> I thought I had that package installed but now that I look again, I
>> see that I do not.  I will test that ASAP and report back.
>

> mplayer now claims it is accelerating via VDPAU in the console output,
> but the mplayer window is all black.
>
> - Grant

I upgraded from libvdpau-va-gl-0.3.4 to the live version from git and
now it's working!  It looks like I can only decode H264:

Decoder capabilities:
name               level macbs width height
H264_BASELINE        51 16384  2048  2048
H264_MAIN            51 16384  2048  2048
H264_HIGH            51 16384  2048  2048

Is that a hardware or software limitation?  If software, which package
should I watch for new codec capabilities?

- Grant