[MPlayer-users] Acceleration works in xbmc, not in mplayer

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:04:00 CEST 2014

>> When I do that, I get:
>>
>> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_i965.so: cannot open shared
>> object file: No such file or directory
>> [vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1
>> Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
>
> There is a command line tool, vdpauinfo. When this runs correctly, it
> will output what VDPAU features your hardware supports

$ vdpauinfo
display: :0.0   screen: 0
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_i965.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
Error creating VDPAU device: 1

> When you can run vdpauinfo and get a similar output, mplayer will work
> correctly. I suspect there are more configuration steps to get
> vdpau-va-gl to work correctly than just installing the package - this
> page [1] says you must set VDPAU_DRIVER=va_gl in your environment; did
> you do that?

After exporting that variable, the error changes:

Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_va_gl.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I have libva-vdpau-driver-0.7.4 and libvdpau-0.8 installed.

# locate libvdpau_
/usr/lib64/vdpau/libvdpau_trace.so
/usr/lib64/vdpau/libvdpau_trace.so.1
/usr/lib64/vdpau/libvdpau_trace.so.1.0.0

- Grant