[MPlayer-users] Streams intermittently play or don't?

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun Oct 26 01:32:40 CEST 2014

On 2014-10-25 16:01 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 02:02:32PM +0100, Jim Cross wrote:
> > I'll look at playing a bit more with -nocache ->  -cache 320
> > -cache-min 0 (or 1 if 0 is not allowed)  but from memory, the previous
> > version of MPlayer, I kept -nocache  option as some streams played with
> > this and not -cachexxxx. So need to play a bit more to see if still the
> > case.
> >
> > I did run config the second time prior to make. In the config.log, I can
> > only find (search for 'Ogg'):
> >
> > Checking for OggVorbis support
> > Result is: no
>
> Right, you will need Vorbis support, too.
> Otherwise our demuxer is kind of useless.
>
> > And
> >
> > Checking for OggTheora support
> > Result is: no
>
> That one would be a good idea, too.
> Not sure why build-dep did not install the right headers for those.

  I wildly guess it is because there is no mplayer source package.
MPlayer packages were removed from Debian testing and unstable. One
can use apt-get build-dep mplayer2 as a workaround. Probably additonally

  apt-get install libgnutls28-dev

(libgnutls-dev fails for me on unstable atm, not sure how this should
work normally...)

to get TLS support via intrenal FFmpeg.

  That leaves the question where the OP's first version of mplayer came
from. But maybe that was on stable and the builds were on unstable. Maybe
the OP can answer. At least on Debian unstable

  apt-get build-dep mplayer

gives me an error message saying source package not found and an exit status
of 100.

  Alexander