[MPlayer-users] "ODML: aspect info not available.." what option do I need ??

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat May 31 15:11:57 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 08:54:27PM -0400, Sean Darcy wrote:
> Just trying to copy a VOB, but I keep getting an error about the aspect. Do
> I need to specify something on the command line?

It's not an error, just a warning.
When you use -ovc copy mencoder doesn't analyze the stream and I guess
that is the reason it doesn't know the aspect of the video.
If it looks correctly when playing the AVI file you can just ignore it.
Otherwise I think you can explicitly specify the value with the -aspect
option.