[MPlayer-users] Fw: Re: I know what telecine and interlacing are, but ....

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 14:32:38 CEST 2014

> > <Lobs> the answer is his
> dtv box sets an interlaced
>  >video mode to the
> > tv via hdmi, where as his pc is doing a progressive
> mode.
> > <Lobs> he then asks if using mplayer to the tv
> with
> > his pc can he play
> > without the interlace effects without deinterlaing
> etc,
> > answer is yes,
> > but he would need to set the pc to use an interlaced
> mode to
>  >the tv,
> > which may make terminal text look REALLY bad.
> > <iive> I could post this replay in the maillist.
> > <iive> so he needs to set e.g. 1080i instead of
> 1080p
> > <iive> then the TV would deinterlace the video.

Thanks for the reply.  I fully understand your answer.

My PC has 3 displays connected to it.  One display is for the
television screen, while the other two are computer monitors.
Is it possible to set 1080i for only the television screen?

Also, where does one set 1080i instead of 1080p?  This is
a Linux PC with an Nvidia graphics card.  I ran nvidia-settings
but I did not see any options for 1080i.

James