[MPlayer-users] Real media files fails to play

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue May 13 23:26:40 CEST 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 09:37:06PM +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2014 00:45:15 -0400
> Brad Smith <brad at comstyle.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just looking for any comments regarding the bug report I have
> > already opened regarding a Real media file that fails to play.
> > My guess is some sort of regression with MPlayer's Real demuxer.
> >
> > http://trac.mplayerhq.hu/ticket/2186
> >
> Stream autodetection is not working anymore for some rm files, I'll look
> into it.

It was me who broke it in the first place.
It is related to the change to support files where streams would finish early
or just drop out for some time, without breaking caching/interleaving
too much.
Unfortunately I haven't come up with a good way to make it still handle
files with bad interleaving at the start without such hacks as I added
now to the real demuxer.