[MPlayer-users] Turn off smoothing/anti-aliasing with scaling?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Mar 15 15:51:36 CET 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 07:17:54AM -0700, Wayne wrote:
> When I use the options "-sws 4 -vf scale=640:480" or similar, the software equalizer no longer functions.

That doesn't have anything to do with MPlayer as far as I can tell.

> I'm using SMplayer with WinXP-sp1. Also, I can no longer rotate of flip the video.  Are those functions (and possibly others) disabled when choosing a software scaling option?

I expect that the problem is that you put the -vf ... stuff in the
SMPlayer extra options and like that throw out any filers it added.
Using -vf-add instead of -vf might help.
Though I wonder if -sws 4 on its own shouldn't work without the scale...
With -vo gl you also have the lscale/cscale options to select hardware
scaling methods, but nearest neighbour is not there since I very much
didn't expect anyone would _want_ that.