[MPlayer-users] AviSynth and MPlayer?

Wayne Wayne at TradeTimer.com
Mon Jun 2 16:05:48 CEST 2014

I have seen written that MPlayer can handle AVS (AviSynth) files, but I've been unsuccesful in my attempts to get it to recognize that format.  The Demuxer list in SMPlayer shows that the version of MPlayer I'm using (r37205) does, indeed, have that capability, but when I drop an AVS script on it nothing happens.  The listing mentions that the AviSynth demuxer "Requires binary dll".  I DO have AviSynth 'installed' on the system, and even tried copying the dll to the MPlayer folder, but nothing seems to make MPlayer recognise or play the AVS script.  Is there something I'm overlooking here?  Any help would be much appreciated.