[MPlayer-users] mpeg2 video failing to decode on current head(s)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jul 29 08:06:19 CEST 2014

On 29.07.2014, at 01:49, Andy Furniss <adf.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just updated mplayer + its ffmpeg and am getting errors below.
>
> It draws a couple/few frames then stops.
>
> Not that long since I last updated, but going back with mplayer fails to
> build with current ffmpeg, and it's 1 am so I gave up :-)

Potentially more productive to go back with FFmpeg revisions, alternatively make sure to leav configure at HEAD and only use older versions for the rest of the MPlayer files.
Building FFmpeg separately and using external FFmpeg should also make this easier.

> FWIW ffplay with ffmpeg in the same place is working OK.

It doesn't use the get_buffer feature.
In fact, very few programs do. So chances are good, it broke in FFmpeg, again.
*sigh*
Will gave to check later when I have a bit of time.
A workaround is to change the do_dr1 = 1 in vd_ffmpeg to = 0, or compile against libmpeg2 and decode with that.