[MPlayer-users] Bug: mp_image_allocate_planes does not allocate enough memory for YV12 images

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Jul 26 08:39:34 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:33:00PM -0500, Jared Stafford wrote:
> I have attached the ouput of the command, with high verbosity, but
> with the large index dump cut out. It looks like the problem is
> related to the use of -menu, which is enabled in my configuration
> file. If I specify -nomenu, then the crash does not occur.

I know we really should make a new release, so it's mostly our own
fault..
But you're using 1.1 which is just a bit too old.
I suspect it is related to FFmpeg DR and sufficient padding of video.
It might be avoidable if you use the -nodr option.
Either way I am not able to reproduce it using latest SVN.