[MPlayer-users] VDPAU on mk802 II

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jan 28 23:59:08 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 09:29:17PM +0100, Amir Hassan wrote:
> Im running debian on a mk802II (Allwinner A10 1GHz Cortex-A8 with
> Mali-400) and i managed to install the vdpau drivers
> (https://github.com/linux-sunxi/libvdpau-sunxi) and vdpauinfo detects the
> driver.

SVN is tested (by me) to work with that - well, cubieboard A10, but that
should not make a huge difference.

> But when i start mplayer i get "CPLAYER: Error opening/initializing the
> selected video_out (-vo) device.". any idea what is going wrong or how i
> can track down the problem?

Since your output looks like you use a distribution version,
the obvious first thing would be to check -vo help if it
even has VDPAU support at all.
That said, please use self-compiled SVN for such special
use-cases, ancient distro-versions are unlikely to work out.