[MPlayer-users] are threads working?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jan 21 20:03:14 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 07:10:01PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I use -vo sdl because I get terrible performance otherwise.
>
> If sdl is fastest your system is seriously broken.
> On a system with decent drivers xv will be faster.
> I don't think there are many if any ARM systems where that count as such.
> On A10 or A20 based systems you'd at least get a hackish VDPAU instead.
> I would assume that the PandaBoard is basically the same crap as the BeagleBoard though.
> For those the only solution is to manually configure the secondary framebuffer for YUV and overlay mode and have MPlayer draw into it.

Small correction/details:
With -vo fbdev:/dev/fb1
you'd need to set fb1 to YUV mode first.
-vo fbdev2:/dev/fb1
however will change it automatically to use YUV.
Configuring /dev/fb1 to actually be shown on screen is left as an exercise to the
reader ;-) (aka it's tricky and doesn't work properly half of the time,
otherwise I might have tried to make fbdev2 do it automatically).