[MPlayer-users] Using mplayer with mp3 files for reading specific portions of the audio file

Bogdan Cristea cristeab at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 13:45:35 CET 2014

Hi

I am using mplayer as audio module in a Digital Talking Book player on
Linux. For this player I need to read mp3 files with a specific time
offset and for a specific duration. Currently I run mplayer with the
following options:

mplayer -slave -really-quiet audioFile.mp3 -ss beginTimeS -endpos
endTimeS -hr-mp3-seek

However, as already specified in the documentation, the specified
durations are not precisely respected, thus there is a small overlap
between successive audio sections. Is there a way to have a more precise
mp3 playback ?

thanks
Bogdan