[MPlayer-users] ExtraStereo Filter

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Tue Jan 7 22:08:44 CET 2014

Hi!

On 2014-01-07 09:51 -0700, JD wrote:
> On 01/07/2014 03:22 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> >JD <jd1008 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >>I added the line
> >>extrastereo=2.5
> >>in the file ~/.mplayer/config
> >Shouldn't this be
> >af=extrastereo=2.5
> >?
> OK,
> I set it as you mention.
> Still, when I play a track, I click on the tab Audio, hover the
> mouse over Filter,
> it shows that ExtraStereo is not check marked.

  Did you try if it works if you use mplayer directly to play
the file?

> I am not sure if this problem or bug (if it is a bug)
> is in MPlayer or with in gui SMPlayer.

  It is not entirely an unrelated thing to MPlayer but we do
not know about your SMPlayer installation details and we do
not support SMPlayer on this lists. It is a different project,
a front-end that uses MPlayer, so we are at a lower level
in this relation. I do not know about how SMPlayer handles
MPlayer config files but I remember that SMPlayer at least had
a way to specify additional MPlayer command line options.

  Anyway what I am trying to explain is, that if the filter
is applied when using mplayer command directly with the
config file Carl Eugen hinted to you, then I would recommend
you to ask SMPlayer people directly about this.

  Alexander