[MPlayer-users] mencoder: failure to copy audio tracks on certain DVDs

Pascal Stumpf Pascal.Stumpf at cubes.de
Sat Feb 22 14:42:09 CET 2014

ogmrip fails to rip the audio tracks of certain DVDs I own due to the
following mencoder error:

Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8257533 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.

The commandline used is:

mencoder -nocache -noconfig all -aid 128 -o /tmp/audio.3G1SAX -ovc
copy -of rawaudio -oac copy dvd://4

This happens for:

* Star Trek: The next generation box set, Season 5, Episode 7 (all audio
tracks but Italian), as well as all of Season 6 and 7.

* Scrubs Season 6 onward (here, you have to jump through hoops to get it
to play at all: ddrescue to an ISO file, mount the ISO file and then
point mplayer to the mounted directory; but then, it all works fine,
including audio)

There may be more, but these are all I encountered.

Of course, I can't provide the source file to test, but will try any
other command line options/diffs happily.

I'm attaching a compressed mencoder.log (with -v).