[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS - plays video silently but can dumpaudio and play the result with mplayer

Arthur Marsh arthur.marsh at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 10 19:40:57 CET 2014

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote, on 11/02/14 03:50:

>> http://www.users.on.net/~arthur.marsh/sample.ts
>
>  From an MPlayer pov, this is not a valid transport
> stream because it contains no PAT/PMT (you recorded
> not enough parts of the original stream.)
> It plays find with mplayer -demuxer lavf (using the
> FFmpeg demuxer).
>
> Concerning the freeze you see: I only tested current
> MPlayer and cannot reproduce it. Could you provide
> complete, uncut console output?
>
> Concerning your original Debian report: The software
> you are using on Debian is not MPlayer, we cannot
> support it here (although I expect that -demuxer lavf
> also works fine there).
>
> Carl Eugen

Thanks very much! With the version of mplayer I built from source
yesterday I was able to watch the video with sound using

mplayer -demuxer lavf filename.ts

If you are still interested in chasing down the freeze that I had using
the mplayer I built from source and trying just "mplayer filename.ts",
could you let me know what level of verbosity you want for the console
output ie the command line to use?

Regards,

Arthur.