[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS - plays video silently but can dumpaudio and play the result with mplayer

Arthur Marsh arthur.marsh at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 10 16:08:03 CET 2014

I downloaded a video that someone had apparently directly captured from
digital television, and upon attempting to play it with the version of
mplayer in Debian GNU/Linux (unstable) was able to see the video but had
no sound. I was able to do an "mplayer -dumpaudio" on it and play the
stream.dump file using mplayer without problem.

I also tried building mplayer from source, which froze on the video and
didn't play any sound either.

My bug report in Debian is at:

I am happy to run further tests, but would like to know what I should
run to provide more information to help pinpoint the issue.

Regards,

Arthur.