[MPlayer-users] SSL Support (HTTPS) in mplayer

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 17 07:30:45 CET 2014

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:07:25 -0800
paipai von <paipaiv at inbox.com> wrote:

> Yes, you've been offtopic from the beginning
> of your egotistical bout of whining
> in defense of your irretrievably broken software.

Well, you've used this list to talk badly about my software, so I
thought I'd rectify it.

> Feel free to go back to breaking your sad little mplayer clone

It's a fork, not a clone.

> and trash-talking your unfortunate users somewhere else.

Well, most of the trash-talking was done by yourself. Why are you so
angry about the fact that many (including myself) software developers do
not want to support very old software? I'm sure you understand that
there are limits to what bounds software developers can reasonably
support ancient environments.

Yes, mplayer managed to remain compatible, but then mplayer didn't
receive nearly as much development as mpv did.

And you still didn't tell anyone why you want to use such an old
system, even though I asked several times. I'm very curious about this.