[MPlayer-users] Head does not display PGS subtitles. ffmpeg issue?

Thomas Zander thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 23 14:05:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

with recent head of mplayer and ffmpeg I can't get it to display pgs
subtitles anymore.
While diff'ing tarballs with an older ffmpeg snapshot I have (from
April) I noticed quite some changes in ffmpeg/libavcodec/pgssubdec.c.
Replacing this one file in head with the revision from April helps,
and pgs subtitles are displayed again as expected.

Now I am wondering. Is this due to an API change in ffmpeg that we did
not accomodate in mplayer or simply a bug in ffmpeg?

Best regards
Riggs

P.S. I could provide a short test file via personal mail in case
developers cannot reproduce this issue.