[MPlayer-users] Blu-ray and MPlayer

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 21:11:49 CEST 2014

Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 21:48:52 +0200:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 07:29:27PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>>> Having only experience with DVD so far I'm curious how Blu-ray
>>> work with MPlayer (considering DRM and such). Is there a
>>> noticeable difference to DVD usage?
>
>> Yes, you need either the key for the specific BluRay,
>
> Oh dear! I knew I'd hate this new-fashioned stuff.
>
> For a legally acquired disc (bought or rented), where do you get this
> key (if at all)? Sounds to me as if watching Blu-ray doesn't seem to
> be desirable.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/BluRay

has links to lists of vuks - you can hope that your disk is included or
maybe search around in the forum that is linked to.

I've only done 3 Brs and for the newest two resorted to dumping to disk
using anydvd (windows - free trial period) and for the last one makemkv
- windows and linux (I used it on windows) but not OSS and you need to
get the latest beta key from the forum to use it.