[MPlayer-users] mplayer dvdnav://1 starts with the wrong audio track

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 00:43:31 CEST 2014

On 4/26/14, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 04:20:24PM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
>> It selects audio track 132 (es) by default (odd that it's an option,
>> since not even mentioned above).
>>
>> It *should* have defaulted to 128 (en) (powerdvd does, vlc does).  So
>> I'm not sure why but it seems to be selecting the wrong default track
>
> There is no such thing as "default track".
> If you start from the menu, you should be able to select it, but if
> not MPlayer will (should) pick the first that contains data, which
> mostly depends on how the DVD was mastered.
> If you want English, specify a language explicitly via -alang.

Hmm I would have expected it to select the first (lowest numbered)
audio track by default, not the first one that has packets in the mpeg
stream...[?]

As it is today it's basically inconsistent in the "default" audio
language choice which is unexpected.

I suppose it could default to the system language, I'd be OK with that.

Perhaps it's missing some type of dvdnav "bootstrap" code somehow
[that's why it is displaying subtitles on by default, as well].  Disc
init stuff.
Cheers!
-roger-