[MPlayer-users] Newbie Help needed

Dorsey Drane drane at wavecable.com
Sun Apr 13 19:18:05 CEST 2014

I'm new to mplayer. I'm using it to get snapshots of home movies that
have been converted to Blu-ray discs. I'm using a Sony VAIP laptop
running 64-bit Windows 8. I'm starting it this with a desktop shortcut
that has this as its target:

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\MPlayer for Windows\mplayer.exe" -nosound
    -vf screenshot -fps 24 -gui -pvr spect=2 -bluray-device
    D:\BDMV\STREAM\00002.m2ts

(I don't understand most of those options.)

Sometimes this works fine. Most time it doesn't. Problems I'm having:

  * When it starts the display screen is a solid yellow-green color. No
    output is displayed.  Sometimes I can get the video playing by
    pausing, single stepping, letting it run, etc. But this is seldom.
  * When I give up, I pause the execution and start a second process
    using the command above. Most times the second execution starts
    fine. When this happens I can kill the first execution and work with
    the second.
  * Sometimes the second, third, fourth and more executions fail. I'm in
    that situation now.  That's what caused me to post this cry for help
    this morning.

Probably some of my options need fixing.  Any suggestions?

- Thanks