[MPlayer-users] My cropping question revisited.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Sep 26 22:37:24 CEST 2013

On 25.09.2013, at 23:52, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> I did some fiddling 2 days back, before I tore up a knee and am reduced to
> using crutches to get around.

Hope you'll manage to get rid of those crutches soon!

> 1, mplayer idents the camera ok, but cannot connect.
>
> Its identified in the log as input: HD Pro Webcam C920 as
> /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb1/1-6/1-6:1.0/input/input10
> And seems to claim its a 2304 by 2xxx pixel device.

Unless someone managed to get MPlayer to work with exactly that card,
I think you'd need to give us the exact and complete MPlayer output to start. (and yes, updating to latest SVN does not hurt either).

> 2, it would appear that libv4lconvert.so may be one of the stumbling
> blocks.

For many webcams MPlayer should not need it, since it can do the necessary conversion,
at most it needs to be told how to figure out which to use.
Though if you are unlucky it might indeed be one of the cams that simply don't work with MPlayer.