[MPlayer-users] ass subtitles, vo gl and amd video

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Sep 25 19:57:42 CEST 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 05:57:32PM +0200, wm4 wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:36:20 +0200
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:18:28AM +0200, wm4 wrote:
> > > that 1. different libass versions with different bugs (up to mplayer's
> > > completely retarded builtin copy, which is slightly modified compared
> > > to official libass, you should fix that)
> >
> > Last I heard there was no willingness to support compiling without
> > fribidi support.
> > Maybe not exactly a huge feature, but I kind of like it and it's
> > not much to maintain.
>
> We decided that we don't want more ifdeffery. But a clean way to add
> this functionality would be accepted. That'd be a bit more work, though.

Ok, I'll try to work towards that long-term, but it's certain to
take some time.
I also think I might have a sensible way of merging the characters
at least for cases like this inside libvo...

> > The other is about spurious \r being render as all kinds of strange
> > symbols.
>
> Applied. Renamed SKIP_SYMBOL to IS_SKIP_SYMBOL.

Thanks!
Btw. a minor thing I noticed is that basically the same condition
is used in process_text.
Also when having a closer look I wonder if I did this really
correctly, there are similar conditions in get_bitmap_glyph
and measure_text functions that do not check \r.
I believe I didn't change it because I didn't have a sample
that needed it and did not know what I was doing, but maybe worth
reviewing?