[MPlayer-users] ass subtitles, vo gl and amd video

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 24 23:33:38 CEST 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:12:55 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> Not sure if I might have made some stupid mistakes, so testing
> would be good before I try to get it upstream.

Looks like it could be correct. Is the calloc() still needed? It looks
like the loop writes all of the nbuffer image now.

> For -vo gl it seems to "only" about double the speed, which
> isn't really good enough.

With these things, the gaussian blur is usually what slows it down
most, though I didn't check in this case. Compared to xy-vsfilter, it's
inefficient because it blurs each glyph individually instead of whole
glyph runs, but also because the blur implementation is plain
inefficient. The first issue is a bit hard to fix (although there's
someone who wanted to write a patch for it), but the second issue just
needs someone who is enthusiastic about optimizing gaussian blur.