[MPlayer-users] Generate image file output with mencoder

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Sep 11 23:19:22 CEST 2013

James Board <jpboard2 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> I posted the exact ffmpeg command I used to IVTC and
> asked for help.

The (only) problem is that while posting the command
line is necessary, it is not sufficient.

> The frame count is far less with ffmpeg then mencoder.

And if you had not cut the console output, everybody
on the ffmpeg-user list would have understood the
problem, and you would have received help (earlier).

> Posting test cases are out of the question for me,
> as we previously discussed, since my input files
> are hundreds of GBs.

You somehow forgot to tell that the problem is not
reproducible with small resolutions (64x64 or 32x32).

> > Either test with -vf fps or provide a test case.
>
> Okay, I'll try that.  Nobody mentioned that before.

I did;-)
(Yes, I wasn't much clearer than you.)

Concerning that you are unhappy about the tone I use:
When I thought to myself that you completely failed
to provide the necessary information that allows us
to help you, I decided not to comment (after all I
am not a native speaker and other people may
understand you better). Since that, several people
(who I don't even really know) have written that
you in fact did not provide enough information so
I am quite confident that my reaction was mostly
acceptable.

And claiming here that bugs in FFmpeg are not
fixed is something that I take quite personally.

Carl Eugen